Friday, June 11, 2010

Thinking, letting you know.

I've started filling out an application for vocational rehabilitation. Which will help me get my GED and a career. Some of the things it asks are bringing back memories. Some good, some bad. When I was 13 I started counseling for the first time. And I'm pretty sure I had a screaming fit when my dad told me I was going. But it was great. My therapist was Mindy. She was so nice. The first thing she said when I got the was "hey chica!" Always. Without a doubt. I felt like I could really tell her anything because she wouldn't and couldn't tell anyone. I still remember to this day what triggered my depression and self worth, it was 8th grade mrs tingeys class. There was a project due and she said my name and asked if I had finished, and some stupid kid that I barely knew said " Shannon never finishes her stuff." Infront of everyone. I was humiliated and upset. I still think about it. And it still hurts. But things with Mindy were good. I seemed happier, I was happier. Then she told me the bad news. She was moving, too far for me to follow. I felt horrible. Sad, mad, hurt, really sad. I couldn't believe my best friend(in a way) was leaving me. I cried for days, maybe weeks. I forgot everything I learned and fell back in. 9th grade, seminary. It was another day u can't let go, we were told to stand infront of the class and say something(that I'm not sure of anymore) and I got it wrong and some of the stupid kids laughed, and I cried. Scribbled on my paper that I hated seminary and I hated those kids. I started cutting seminary. It was pointless to me at the time. Especially with those kids. In feb of 06' right after my birthday, I decided I was done with high school. I fought for days, weeks, months. I slept in and stayed up late crying and cutting and wanting to die. I just couldn't handle the people or teachers or so called friends anymore. High school kids were mean. High school teachers were mean. I can't get up infront of the class, don't make me do it. I didn't want to be with people that put me down or made me feel like that. No one knew what I did at home or how hard I cried. How badly I wanted to be different. I wanted to finish school, I just couldn't at that school at that pace with those people. I was happy on the outside, when I spent time with Angela or Tyler gowan. But I was a trouble maker and I talked back and argued with my parents. I hated that I had to go through this. I didn't understand. Trendon was my boyfriend at the time and he wasn't a very good one. We broke up, faught and went out over and over. One day we got in a fit and he told me to get on my pills so that I'm not crazy. I take things very personal. I'm verrrry sensitive. On Thursday, the week after I got married I had one of the worst nights of my life, and to this day I am not sure why. Me and Tyler were staying at a friends house, playing games and acting young again. We had been doingthe same thing for two days and I had grown tired of it. But Tyler was still playing. I eventually got mad and went outside. I was outside for at least a half an hour before he text me. He came out and we yelled and talked and seemed to solve my "I want to do something different" dilema. The next night, we were still there. I wasn't feeling myself and didn't eat. We went to smiths marketplace and got some food. But when we got back, we did the exact same thing AGAIN. I was mad that Tyler just went along and didn't say something different. I was mad that I couldn't stand up for myself. So I threw a fit. And just sat there, alone on the couch, staring at my phone, not talking to anyone. Tyler tried to talk to me but I would just shrug my shoulders or nod my head. He finally suggested we watch a movie, so we did. He came and sat by me but I didn't cuddle or talk or even touch him. It was about 2 when we started getting ready for bed and Tyler tried to talk to me. I didn't give him anything. We faught and faught and said mean things. I finally told him to give me the keys to the car. I was done. He said no. Over and over. After about ten minutes, he went outside and sat there. Telling me he was leaving or vice versa. Neither of us would let each other have the keys. Finally I broke down. I started bawling. I wasn't absolutely sure why. I cried and told him I wanted to go and see kash. I missed kash. I couldn't take it anymore and that's when I walked out into the street at about two-two thirty in the morning. I didn't really want to get hit, it was more of an attention thing. I wanted to feel wanted from Tyler, I guess. He grabbed me and I couldn't stop crying. I was so upset over something I can't figure out. He got me to calm down and we went inside, back to bed. Where did this come from? I have never ever felt like that. I've felt like I wanted to die. But never been so hysterical to walk into a street. I felt horrible. I never want to feel like that again. I don't know why it happened. I'm very grateful that Tyler saved me. He does love me. Maybe it was to prove it to myself. I'm not sure. Anyway today I am feeling more depressed and I don't want it to get out of control. I'm looking into seeing a therapist. For a few things actually. But mostly my depression and anxiety. I am so blessed to have my parents, grandma miller, jenn, Melisa, and everyone else who has helped me stay alive. They are the best things in my life. I just wish that was enough, ya know? I can't do it alone, but I have to try alone. I love you all.

5 comments:

  1. What a great blog! I love you so much! Keep your chin up, and come over anytime, even if I am bummed and not doing anything, that does not mean you can't come over, it just means I am being lazy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one of the most important things in my life. Admitting when its getting out of control is one of the hardest things to do. I am so proud of you for being able to notice the signs. As you work on beating this it will be easier to notice and easier to ask for help. The super sad thing is that it will never go away for good.
    Keep your head up and keep fighting. Remember its a day to day fight. Don't worry about the future Shannon.
    Some might disagree with me but I live this everyday. Pray every morning that you will be able to make the right choices for you and your family. Then Thank Heavenly Father at night for helping you. It doesn't have to be a 30min prayer just simple Thank you for my life today.
    One more thing. As cliche as this saying is, You are NEVER alone. I have learned first hand that the Lord is always willing to help you through the tough times. Money, Depression, anxiety, fighting with your spouse, Finding a doctor or someone that can help you win this fight. You don't have to go to church but just saying a prayer when things become overwhelming can help calm you down. It won't take it away but it will calm you so you can see things in a different way and deal with it.
    Shan, I love you so much! You have come so far in life. Work on getting your education first. I think you will see a million doors open for you. If you need me...you know where i am! I would drop everything to help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, as someone who has been dealing with anxiety disorder/panic disorder/depression for most of my life, I know what you're going through! I'm happy for you that you're seeking help. We all have our challenges in life. I know it SUCKS to deal with this. Just know you are never alone. You have your family and your Heavenly Father. You aren't the only one who is going through this stuff either. Remember that we love you and there is light on the other side. I was officially diagnosed at about your age. Things aren't easy everyday, I still have my days and my moments, but there is life and quality after this. :). If you ever need to talk I'm here and I know others are too.

    Alesha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you're dealing with this. You know I've been there. I quit school for the same reasons. People can be so mean. When Saige was about the same age as Kash and for no reason I went into this deep depression I couldn't get out of. I remember one night locking the bathroom door sitting on the floor with a bottle of pills with Chris pleading with me on the other side. I finally feel like I can tell when I'm starting to get depressed and do what I need to do to fix things, but it's still hard at times. I think it's great if you can do voc rehab. That is how Chris got his degree. They even paid for his gas money to get to school and for interview clothes when he graduated. I know things are bad, but please don't give up. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much. I love you so much. I am so grateful you are my family.

    ReplyDelete