Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Career

Day Seven


I am having such a HARD time deciding what I want for a career. First it was cosmetologist, then it was vet tech, now its a groomer BUT I just don't feel it anymore. I am so over not being able to decide. Lately I have been thinking about a mental heath therapist. I know I would be good at that because I can relate. But I would have to talk to people, I would be the ones asking the questions and being in charge, but maybe by then I WOULD be ABLE to do that on my OWN. The other factor is time, it will take years for me to become a therapist. Can we wait YEARS? I'd be able to make more money than grooming. I am having a bit of regret. I really wish I didn't grow up so fast. If I were still in high school, we'd have time. We have no time. We have a life and kid we need to provide for. I do not regret kash in any way. The timing just wasn't the best. Why is it that when we are young, we want to grow up SO fast, but then it happens and now I want to be back in elementary. I am having a hard time. I CANNOT make up my mind. I need someone to push me in the right direction. Life is SO overwhelming,especially when you get overwhelmed more easily than others. I get depressed thinking about my future. I feel like I won't have one. Yes, I am finishing high school BUT where will I go from there? I feel like no where. I won't be able to make up my mind and be working at mcdonalds forever. I don't want that. Why is it so hard to choose? Why can't I just make up my mind!?

UGH, I am in a funk. A depressed, overwhelmed, stressed, frustrated funk.

I looked at our spending plan today. I switched some things around and put in our new rent numbers. This month is going to be ok, I hope. Our plan says we will be positive. But some of the other months say we don't have enough money. I just don't want to look at it anymore. It overwhelms me TOO much! Hopefully we get enough money from our tax return to pay some things down or off. We just need to be bringing in more money. Our have less bills. But most of our bills are necessary. Blah.

Anyway, I am glad we have a spending plan. It is really helping us. We haven't gone negative since we started it(with some help from my parents, Thanks!) We just have to stick to it and make it work!

Anyone wanna help make my decision?

7 comments:

  1. Look at it this way. If being a dog groomer is what you want to do now to pay bills and get a foot under you DO IT! You can always go to school to be a mental health therapist WHILE you are a dog groomer :) I'm a telephone sales rep right now, this is NOT! (underline NOT) my "career". Not sure right now what that is but when the time is right, I'll know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are young and nowhere does it say that you have to have a career by a certain age. Thats whats great about life, you can try new things and look back and see you had many careers.
    Becoming a therapist is a lot of work. Alot of school and ALOT of state testing. I work with therapists and it is hard work but very rewarding. Most days are very very stressful. Going into social work/behavioral therapy is very rewarding. I love who I work with, I am in no way a therapist but I work on a one-to-one relationship with women who are recieving therapy/drug alcohol counciling/behavior therapy and it is very rewarding but seriously most days are very very hard.
    I agree with Kerri, work on what you are doing now (dog grooming) while you pursue a therpist degree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a Family Care Worker and a social service worker.
    I work in a treatment center for women you are recieving drug/alcohol treatment. The women attend the program with their kids where I help teach them appropriate parenting skills. They are in the process of getting custody of their children. A lot of them have mental health issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh okay. How much schooling did that take?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a Bachelors degree in Sociology. It took me 5 years at the U of U

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am 33 years old and am just barely figuring out maybe what I want to be when I grow up. I started my family at 21 and now that we have four kids I really want a career that can make money and has a future. You have lots of time to decide what you want to be when to grow up. Take a class here and there. You could more than likely qualify for financial aid, take an online class or two and see what you are interested in. You will find it. Don't overwhelm yourself with the unknown, take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete