It's the start of a fresh new year. I love the way that sounds.
On new years eve, Kash, Tyler and I spent the night watching movies, Kash was put to bed at his normal time(I'm not prepared for him to stay up late and of course, wake up super early). Then there were two. We don't have cable or anything, so we couldn't watch the count downs. Tyler played a video game til midnight and I made him kiss me..:)We didn't party, bang pots and pans. It was just the two of us. I was okay with that this year. We did go to bed at 2am and I felt young again!
On Saturday, Tyler had to work. Kash and I spent the day in our jammies and watched the movies he wanted. When Tyler got home, we went over to my grandparents for dinner. Its nice having them close, And not being totally alone.
We have been doing good for the most part. Kash is using his terrible twos oh so well.
I really wish I had more patience with him. Its so hard for me when there are a million things on my mind and Kash just won't listen. I feel like a horrible mother, when he knows he's doing something naughty, and runs and hides from me. I've been trying super hard to calm myself down and say things nice to him. Its hard. The house isn't clean, he's hanging the dog by her collar. My brain gets overloaded too easily and I freak out.
Tyler and I have been good. Its funny, we'll be fine for weeks and then one wrong move and something happens. We really need to be nicer, communicate and not assume what the other will think, is doing, etc. We had a good talk two nights ago. We both agreed that we need to let go of the past mistakes, be nicer, talk and work together to help each other. I told him I want him to be my night in shinning armor and he said the armor is too heavy..that's the funny man I love. Life and relationships are hard, add a kid, dog, tight on money and living two hours away from family..whew. We can and will make it through.
So with the new year comes goals/resolutions. Here are mine;
1-No soda
2-finish school and start grooming
3-loose 20lbs
4-stay calm with kash/don't sweat the little things
5-work on some of my "self",i.e depression,anxiety,some other little things
6-let go of the negative past.
7-start doing the things I love to keep happy
8-be money smart
9-start therapy
10-just be better than I was last year
Some of Tyler's are;
1-save money
2-lose weight
Kash will be three this year. We are hoping to start trying for another by the end of this year or beginning of next.
We are hanging in there.
We can make it through another year.
Love,
Mackay family
Great goals! Smart with Kash to not sweat the small stuff. Try to make cleaning up a game. And, yeah remember he's 2 going on 20 and thinks he is the boss (I have 2 of those now :P) You're amazing and you and Tyler can do this! We may be far away but we love you all the more!!
ReplyDelete